So since we have been sick for what seems like forever today I decided we were going to make smoothies for our morning snack. Now I know a lot of people’s smoothie recipes are super complicated or they put stuff in them that you don’t have right on hand. Now, I haven’t really been to the grocerie store in about two weeks so this time we were working with what we have right now. This just goes to show you how easy it is. This smoothie is not necessarily the healthiest but you can always chang out some of the ingredients and make it healthier.
- Frozen fruit (we have a mixed bag with strawberries, peaches, mangos, and pineapples)
- Yogurt (I had one peach yoplai yogurt left in the fridge)
- Juice (this time I used a green juice that we have been drinking but you can use whatever you want. If you don’t have juice water is fine too)
Now all you do is put it all in the blender and mix it up. Add more juice to it if you want it a less thick.
This one is kind of a funky color because of the green juice and it is mainly peach and pineapple flavored. Ones with more strawberries look more appealing but both taste great!
It is quick and easy and the little ones love it too! I have a ninja blender and my little guy loves to press down on the lever to blend everything up. And for clean up just put some warm water into the blender with a little bit of dish soap and turn it back on. I only take apart the whole blender about every other time or so.
Hope you all enjoy this quick recipe. Let me know some of your favorite smoothies!
Check out how to make my seasoned sweet potatoes!! They are a great side to any meal that is really quick and easy to make and somewhat healthy for you.
Ever since I began training, I have tried to switch from eating regular potatoes to eating more sweet potatoes. I have tried just doing a baked potato in the microwave with them, I have tried doing mashed potatoes with them. I know most people like to put brown sugar and stuff on theirs I, however, like to just season mine with salt and pepper and maybe a little butter. Lately I have been really into doing seasoned baked sweet potatoes. They are great when you are meal prepping and need to make up a bunch quick. I usually put them in individual containers so I can take them to work as a side to my salad.
– Skin you sweet potatoes (2-3 larger ones makes about a cookie sheet worth of them)- Dice them up into bite sized pieces and place into a bowl
– Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the potatoes. Make sure all of them are coated in it.
– Sprinkle a little salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning on them and stir so each piece is coated
– Spread out onto a 9×13 baking sheet
– Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until you can stick a fork in the larger pieces.
– Serve while warm
Refrigerate any left overs and just reheat. When I was working I would divide them up and have them as a side with my salad for lunch.
One thing that I do to make clean up even easier is cover my baking sheet with tin foil so all I have to do is throw that away and the pan is still clean.
I hope you all enjoy!!! Let me know what you think.